Rentals and Bookings
The Clubhouse can be reserved by members and others for special
events. Rental charges may apply. This section lists both periodic
and calendared events to ensure there are no conflicts. If an event
is marked "Private," members are asked to avoid use of the
Clubhouse until the event is over.
- First Tuesday every
month: RAAC Chapter 85 General Meeting, starting at 1930. Visitors
- Third Tuesday every
month: RAAC Chapter 85 Executive Meeting, starting at 1930.
- First Monday every month:
Vancouver Aerobatic Club Meeting, starting at 1930.
- Last Thursday every month: DapCom Meeting, starting 1930.
- Sunday 10 September 2017, from 1200 onwards. Sharon Van Dijk Birthday Party.
- Private. Saturday 8 September 2018, all day: Alex Doughty wedding reception.
Chapter 85 has a general repair shop located inside the hangar. It is equipped with an assortment of tools, parts and materials (see list below) and is available at all times to all members. No booking is necessary. The lock may be opened with a clubhouse key.
Chapter 85 also has a 30' x 30' (approximate) workshop, fully lockable, equipped with
air supply and fans. Its purpose is primarily to provide a place for
a member to bring his or her constructed or restored aircraft for final
assembly and finishing. When not used for this purpose a member or non-member
may rent the workshop for up to 30 days to conduct annual
maintenance inspections or other major repairs (aircraft component repairs should be done in the Engine Shop which is available free to all members).
Workshop rates are $10/day for members, $20/day for non-members. Furnace gas is extra. Renters
must sign a Rental Agreement and a Liability Release.
- The Workshop is currently booked fulltime for the Zenith CH750 Cruzer Project.
Chapter 85 has a few specialized tools available for members' use. They are tools not often needed (and expensive to purchase) and are provided as a benefit to members. There is no time limit on borrowing the tools but this website will track who has the tools and when they obtained them. If you want to return them to the Chapter, please let the Custodian know. Or, you can pass the tools on directly to the next person looking for them, but again please advise the Custodian.
- RAAC National Weighing Scales (set of 3 with two ramps) with Instructions: Storewd at clubhouse.
- Boroscope: 9 July 2012 - Stored at RAA Clubhouse.
- Magneto Timing Light: 9 Jan 2012 - In RAA Engine Shop.
- Nicopress Tool: 31 July 2012 - In RAA Engine Shop.
- Cylinder compression leakdown tester: 31 July 2012 - In RAA Engine Shop.
- 36-inch bending brake: 20 Oct 2012 - in RAA Engine Shop.
The Chapter also has a Special Tool Inventory listing many more tools available for use by members.
Chapter 85 has a trailer suitable for transporting amateurbuilt and 2-4 place certified aircraft. The tailights and licence plate are mounted on a removable bar which must be attached before use. Users must carry the registration and insurance papers for the trailer when towing it. The paperwork is kept in the Air Park Office at Mary's Place. The trailer is available free to all RAA members. Contact the Custodian before taking the trailer or for more information.
Contact the Chapter Custodian
to book the Clubhouse, Workshop, Tools or Trailer or to obtain more information.
Updated: 14 August 2017.